Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Boy or Girl?!


BOY OR GIRL?!

Hey guys! It's about that time! 
14 GENDER PREDICTIONS! 

Today is the night before we find out boy or girl! So I thought it would be fun to test out some old wives tales. I found the suggestions from:
http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/506423-big-list-all-old-wives-tales-baby-gender.html

1. Shape of Belly
If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy. 
*This ones tricky, because I am carrying low, but I feel big and round! I am leaning more toward low tho…
Prediction outcome: BOY

2. Heart Rate
If the baby's heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.
*This baby always has a fast strong hb! I have never seen/heard it under 140!
Prediction outcome: GIRL

3. Ring Test
Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle. 
*It went in more of an oval, so circle?!
 Prediction outcome: BOY
4. Acne
If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. 
*I have had so many breakouts. Lot's of small patches mainly on my forehead/face, but this is rare for me! Normally my skin is so clear!
Prediction outcome: GIRL

5. Cravings
People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.
*I have had a major sweet tooth! Which I normally don't have!!
Prediction outcome: GIRL

6. Moodiness 
If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. 
*I've been more emotional… definitely. hah...
Prediction outcome: GIRL

7. Chinese Gender Chart
The Chinese Gender Chart claims to have an accuracy rate of over 90%. It is based on how old the mother is at conception and the month that she conceived. 
Prediction outcome: BOY

8. Dream of Sex of Baby
If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. 
*My dreams are SO vivid.. every single time I have dreamt boy.. They really have me convinced almost 100% that it is a boy!
Prediction outcome: GIRL

9. Side You Most Rest On
If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she’s having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she’s having a girl. 
*Before pregnancy I always preferred the left, now I despise it and always want to lay on my right! 
Prediction outcome: GIRL

10. Dad's Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy.
Prediction outcome: BOY

 11. What Do You Think?
71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having. 
*I have had a "gut" feeling that it's a boy.. from the start!!
Prediction outcome: BOY

12. Morning Sickness
If you had a smooth pregnancy with no morning sickness, it’s a boy. If you were sick or felt really nauseous during your pregnancy, count on a girl. 
*Not once did I get physically sick (@ least not Week 1-17! Lucky!)
Prediction outcome: BOY

13. Urine
What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl. 
Prediction outcome: BOY

14. Headaches
If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. 
*Yep, mainly 2nd trimester only tho!
Prediction outcome: BOY

RESULTS:
Boy -8
Girl -6

BOY overall! We will know soon for sure!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment