Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Pregnancy *so far*... (16 weeks, 5 days today!)

Welcome to my new baby blog! :)

A lot has happened up to this point, so I will start by answering some commonly asked questions!

I found out I was pregnant back on July 1st, 2013! It was one of the best days of our lives...

My due date: March 11th, 2013
How far along I am today: I am 16 weeks and 5 days pregnant!
First Baby?: Yes! SOOO excited!

I think I am going to split up some major events into their own blog posts, so here are topics coming soon! Suggestions? Let me know!

-How I found out
-How I told my husband
-How we shared the big news with our parents
-Boy or Girl? What do we think/want?
-Stay at home/working?
-Stockpiling/stocking up on baby needs
-Cloth diapering or disposables?
-Gender prediction fun!


Some topics that are more personal and private will not be shared publicly with the world on this blog, so thank you for understanding!

********

First Trimester Recap:

I was SO tired the first trimester, but that was really my only "symptom"... I felt nauseous a few times, but never once was sick (I know, I was one of the lucky ones!). I didn't crave anything too strange, but I have had a maaaaaajor sweet tooth! I normally don't eat many sweets, but this entire pregnancy they are all I want! Skittles, tootsie rolls, caramel apples, sour patch, ice cream... basically everything BAD haha! I also had a strong aversion to lettuce so I couldn't eat salads for awhile (that has passed... thankfully!)

Second Trimester so far:

I'm a few weeks into my second trimester and I have been feeling pretty good! Headaches were the only new "symptom", and although they have been rough, I'm glad they haven't been too frequent! Sensitive gums and frequent urination have also been "fun". Who doesn't love waking up 2-3 times in the middle of the night!? I know, only 2-3 times?... just wait til the baby is here :). We find out if it's a boy or a girl very soon! I can't wait!!! Once we know then I can really start preparing the nursery and sharing more baby buys with you guys!


********

I was going to make a post including everything big thats been going on so far, but soon realized that all at once would be way too overwhelming! I think I'm going to leave things here for now and every so often check back in and expand on one of the topics I listed. Feel free to send me questions here or on my YouTube channel (QponFairy) and I will try my best to answer them!

Thanks for joining me on this exciting new chapter! I really look forward to the future yet want to cherish and remember the journey! :)
July 1st, 2013 -14 dpo -The first test I took that morning, and ironically the last test I had in my house!



I rushed to the store to pick up a digital (since I couldn't believe the other test) and I  saw "pregnant" within seconds of taking the test! In shock.......

Penny knows there is something going on in there!! ;)


XOXO
QponFairy




No comments:

Post a Comment